South Splendour India
Palm trees, Hill retreats and Plantations of Tea
Ethnic, Green and Serene Karala is God’s Own Country
Kerala is surrounded by other interesting states like Karnataka and Tamilnadu which will also be covered in few of our packages.
Vasco da Gama’s discovery of India for the western world began with his first step in this land. Kerala has its own charm with the vibrant locals, ethnic culture and delicious cuisine. Soaking in the flamboyant vibes of this destination is a whole new type of meditation for the mind, body and soul.
This serene state is full of swaying palm trees, crashing surf, coffee plantations, hill retreats, silent backwaters, rice paddies and beautiful national parks that are home to a host of wildlife.
From Ayurvedic retreats and yoga centres, to hill stations and tea plantations up in the Western Ghats (mountains), to national parks that are home to tigers and elephants, to palm fringed beaches, this slender coastal strip is defined by its layered landscape: almost 600km of glorious Arabian Sea coast and beaches, fiercely protected wildlife reserves and cool hill stations such as Munnar. Kerala is a world away from the frenzy of the rest of India.
Thus on this tour you will be experiencing and exploring this beautiful land and all that it has to offer like never before. From the coastal region of Cochin to the mesmerizing hill stations of Munnar and Thekkady to the backwaters of Alleppey and Kumarakom and to the beautiful beaches of Kovalam, this tour is definitely a once in a life time opportunity to see the wonders of this land.
To find out the destinations covered in this package, please go through the detailed itinerary.
South Splendour India
Duration : 6 Nights and 7 Days
Departs From : Bengaluru
Returns To : Bengaluru
Visit : Bangluru, Srirangapatna, Mysuru, Wayanad, Ooty
Transport : Volvo A/C Seater (2+2), Tempo Traveller, Innova... (Depend upon number of Guests)
Hotels : At Yahoo Tours it is our genuine effort to give a lifetime memories to our guests by providing best yet reasonable hotels (upto 3 Stars) available in the region
Tour Itinerary and Details
Day 1 – Arrival In Bangaluru
Upon your arrival at Bangalore Airport/Railway Station, meet our representative who shall assist you with transfers. Check in to your hotel and get comfortable. Overnight stay in Bangalore.
Day 2 – Bengaluru – Mysuru Via Srirangapatna (144.3 Kms. / 3 – 4 Hrs.)
Post breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Mysore (150Kms/3.5Hrs), popularly known as "The City of Palaces". En route visit Srirangapatna located 18 km from Mysore. Srirangapatna is a small island formed by the river Cauvery and its tributaries. It was once the capital of the Mysore state under the legendary king Tipu Sultan and since then famous for its religious, cultural and historic importance. Prime attractions are Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Daria Daulat (Palace of Tipu Sultan) and Gumbaz (Mausoleum of Tipu Sultan). On arrival at Mysore by 4 pm we proceed to visit the famous Chamundi Hills, 3489ft above the sea levels and highest peak of Mysore housing the Chamundeshwari Temple, known for its amazing architecture and spiritual essence. Get a bird's view of entire Mysore city from the top of these hills. Visit Big Bull - about 16 feet in height and 24 feet long, this Nandi atop the Chamundi Hills is the third largest in India, carved in granite, black because of regular anointing with oil and other sacred waters. Late evening return back to hotel. This will be followed by Dinner and Overnight Stay.
Day 3 – Mysuru (Mysore)
After breakfast we leave for the sightseeing of this City of Palaces. It is full of excellent architectures, historical sites, shrines and scenic beauty. We start with Mysuru zoo, the only zoo in India to have a Gorilla and also house to Chimpanzees and Orangutans. Then we Visit the famous Mysore Palace (or Maharaja's Palace). This historical, royal place of residence of the Wadiyars is a splendid architectural feat and houses artefacts from the historic times. In the evening explore shopping at the local market. Take home Mysore silk saris, Mysore sandalwood artefacts & handicrafts, incense sticks, coffee, wooden toys and traditional Mysore paintings called Ganjifa paintings. Return back to hotel. Overnight stay at Mysore hotel.
Day 4 – Mysuru – Wayanad (131.1 Kms./2-3 Hrs)
After breakfast we leave from Mysuru and proceed towards Wayanad, which is among the top hill stations in Kerala. Here we Visit Banasura Dam. , it is reckoned as the largest earth dam in India & the second largest of its kind in Asia. Return back to hotel, have dinner and enjoy overnight stay.
Day 5 – Wayanad – Ooty (110.4Kms./ 3-4 Hrs.)
After breakfast proceed to balance sightseeing of Wayanad. Kuruva Islands or the Kuruva Dweep is popular among tourists for its calm and serene surroundings. An ideal spot for bird watchers. Post Kuruva we proceed towards Ooty and by evening check-in at our pre-booked hotel. enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. After dinner Stay overnight at the hotel in Ooty.
Day 6 – Ooty
After breakfast, enjoy a full day tour to Ooty & Coonoor, the jewels of fascinating Nilgiri Hills. These two hill stations are located merely 20km from each other and can be visited in the same day. This tour of the 'Queen of the Blue Mountains', includes a visit to Dodabetta Peak. Later, drive to Coonoor and visit Sims Park and 'Dolphin' Nose Point. In the afternoon, visit the Botanical Garden and the popular Ooty Lake. Return to the hotel in Ooty for dinner and a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 7 – Ooty -Bangaluru (275Kms./6Hrs.)
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Bangalore Airport / Railway station for your onward journey. Tour ends with lifetime memories.
Let’s stay in touch on Facebook or mails and meet again on another memorable Holiday. We hope to see you soon!.
A Polite Request – Please take care of our Mother Earth. It’s a universal truth that whatever you give comes back to you. So, it’s a humble request to you all that do not litter on the road or throw plastic casually while you are on your tour. Kindly bring it back along with you. Big positive changes appear over a period with small positive steps. So, please maintain the beauty of this destination and in turn this planet, which will be taking care of our generations to come. So keep it healthy.
- Srirangapatna , island formed by the river Cauvery and its tributaries
- Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Daria Daulat (Palace of Tipu Sultan) and Gumbaz (Mausoleum of Tipu Sultan)
- Famous Chamundi Hills, 3489ft above the sea levels
- Chamundeshwari Temple
- Big Bull
- Chamundi Hills
- Mysuru zoo
- Famous Mysore Palace
- Wayanad, top hill station in Kerala
- Banasura Dam
- Kuruva Islands or the Kuruva Dweep
- Nilgiri Hills in Ooty
- Queen of the Blue Mountains in Ooty
- Dodabetta Peak in Ooty
- Sims Park and 'Dolphin' Nose Point in Coonoor
- Botanical Garden and the popular Ooty Lake
Q -What does the Indian tour price include?
Ans. -The Indian tour price generally is inclusive of your accommodation, meals (Veg. Breakfast and Dinner only while Lunch is open where you can have food of your choice Veg/Non Veg), Transfers (Volvo Bus), Sightseeing, Tour Leader services etc but does not include your to and fro journey tickets. For more information on inclusion/exclusions of tour price kindly refer to our tour Inclusion/Exclusion section on the respective tour itinerary page on our website.
Q – Will the charges for Kids will be same as Adults?
Ans. – No, Charges for kids will not be same as adults but will vary with the age group. The different rates for different age group are as follows -
- Age Between 0-2 years - 25% of the package amount has to be paid per child and no seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
- Age Between 2-7 years - 50% of the package amount has to be paid and separate seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
- Age Between 7-12 years 75% of the package amount has to be paid and separate seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
Note - For all the above age groups no separate room will be available.
Q -Are there any discounts on multiple ticket bookings?
Ans. -Yes. There are discounts between 10%-22%. It will be seen when you purchase a package and fill the No. of Guests box.
Q -Are the GST charges included in the tour package?
Ans.-Yes. It is included GST (5% of total tour package charges).
Q -Is my travel insured?
Ans. -Yes. It is accidental insured and not illness insured.
Q -What is generally the size of a tour group?
Ans. -Generally the average group size for tour is between 25 to 40. However, if a particular tour gets an overwhelming response then the group size may go beyond the aforesaid group size
Q -Who would be my co-travelers ?
Ans. -Your co-travelers can be any individual, right from a professional to a teacher, businessman, people of any religion, from any region, any language etc.
Q -Does the Tour Manager assist us on the entire tour?
Ans. -Yes, the Tour Manager will assist you throughout the tour; however, they are not responsible for baggage or any kind of personal belongings.
Q -In which language/s will the Tour Leader communicate with us?
Ans. -The Tour Manager will preferably communicate or give instructions on tour in Hindi and English.
Q -What type of meals is included on tour?
Ans. -We provide Breakfast and Dinner and serve vegetarian food only. We do not provide lunch so that you can have food of your own choice, i.e. Veg or Non Veg.
Q - Can some special arrangements be done for special occasions like Birthday/Wedding anniversary/Honeymoon night preparation etc.?
Ans. -Yes, these arrangements can be done with the help of our tour manager and hotel staff. But all the expenses has to be beard by person who wants it to be done.
Q – Can I invite my friends and relatives to meet when I am on the tour?
Ans – Yes. You can meet them but you have to follow the Hotel’s and Tour’s guidelines. If they have not purchased the package they shall not be allowed in hotel rooms, restaurants, coaches and sightseeing places for any activity on the tour. If at all they accompany you, then their expenses have to be taken care by you.
Q -Will it be possible to extend my stay or avail just a part of the tour ?
Ans. -No, This is not possible.
Q -Is the tour itinerary susceptible to last minute changes, as we need to plan our leaves & make necessary arrangements accordingly?
Ans. -We do not change the itinerary nor date of the tour, however in case of force majeure events, circumstances force us to change the routing or date of the tour, as the case may be, just for your safety.
Q -Can I incorporate any changes in my travel plan once the booking is done?
Ans. -Yes, you can modify your booking or travel plan till one month prior to your tour date. There may be certain charges for modifications or for canceling the old booking and making new arrangements. The travel consultants at our offices will assist you for the same.
Q -Do you provide Leave Travel Certificate?
Ans. -We do provide the leave travel certificate, subject to your intimation to us about your requirement at the time of booking the tour itself.
Q -What are the modes of travel on tour?
Ans. – O, we are providing AC Volvo buses but The mode of transport shall be chosen according to guests booked on a particular departure. (Please note AC will not be operational on hill areas)
Q -Are there any night journeys on tour?
Ans. -Not Always But yes some time there are night journey
Q -Do we have to walk a lot on tours ?
Ans. -Generally, we have to walk at sightseeing places, amusement parks and at the airports sometimes for a long distance, however the same will be timely instructed by the Tour Leader.
Q -Do we have to wake up early on tours ?
Ans. -Unless otherwise specified by the Tour Leader, we normally follow 7-8-9 schedule i.e. wake up at 7 am, breakfast at 8 am and departure at 9 am. However, the schedule may change as per the situation.
Q -Will I get drinking water during sight-seeing?
Ans. -One litre Bisleri (or similar) water bottle will be provided on daily basis.
Q -Will there be any extra charges for window seats or front seats in Volvo bus?
Ans. - No. There will be no extra charges. Usually it will be on first come first serve basis. But Front 3-4 seats will be preferably assigned to senior citizens/ pregnant women or anyone having problems like motion sickness etc.
Q - Is My entrance Fee to the Monuments or Payment for Adventure Activities covered in tour cost
Ans. -No, entrance fee to the monuments is not covered even payment for adventure activities, boat ride, rafting, paragliding, Zorbing etc is to be made directly
Q - Can I go for additional sightseeing?
Ans. - Transportation provided by us is point to point and as per itinerary, you can definitely hire a car on additional cost and do the sightseeing
Q -If I reach late and miss a part of the tour ?
Ans. -When you are on a group tour, Punctuality is very importance. So please be on time and always follow the Tour Leader's instructions. In case, of any delay, guest will have to make their own transport arrangements to join the group, we are not responsible/liable and no refund shall be given to you in this regard.
Q -What if I get sick/ hospitalized and cannot continue the tour?
Ans. - As you know this is a group tour, we cannot cancel the tour for one person. So the tour will continue as it is. It will be up to you, how to move forward. Yahoo Tour manager will do his best to help you but all the extra expenses has to be done by you.
Q -What assistance is provided to a disabled person or a senior citizen, who needs special assistance on tour?
Ans. -Individual assistance cannot be given to such guest by the Tour Leader and a qualified companion must accompany the guest who needs such special assistance.
Q -Can I take a wheelchair on tour? Will it be difficult while visiting places?
Ans. -Yes, you can bring your own wheel chair and move at most of the sightseeing places but a qualified companion must accompany guest who are traveling on wheelchair.
Q -What assistance is provided, if I dis-continue the scheduled tour, on account of illness?
Ans. -If you fall sick on tour, kindly inform the Tour Leader immediately. The Tour Leader will assist you in making all arrangements for the medical aid, doctor on call etc. However, the expenses will have to be borne by you. Here, Insurance plays a major role hence we highly recommend that you should get yourself and your family insured adequately before travel.
Payments and Bookings
Q -How many days prior to the tour should I do the booking?
Ans. -We recommend you to book your tour at least 3-4 months prior to the scheduled date as it can help you get your train or flight tickets easily.
Q -How can I book a tour?
Ans. -You can book your tour as follows - Register yourself, Choose a package, Add funds to your wallet as per the chosen package.
Q -What are the documents I required to carry on the tour?
Ans. -Pan Card and Aadhar Card, For kids birth Certificate and 4-5 photographs of each members
Q -Do I need to pay the entire tour price lump-sum while booking?
Ans. -Not Necessary. You can either pay the entire package amount in one go or you can only book the registration fees of Rs. 7499/- (which is Non Refundable) and book your tour with us. The balance amount of the package has to be paid 30 days prior to your tour date.
Q -Are there any cancellation charges?
Ans. -Yes. Our Cancellation Charges Prior to 31 days or more is Booking fees (Rs 7499/-), Between 30 -16 days of departure is 50% of tour cost, Between 15-8 days to date of departure is 75% of tour cost, If You cancel 7-1 days to date of departure then 100% of tour cost.
Q -Prior to tour departure is there any information provided?
Ans. -You will receive a mail 15 days prior to your tour, with information about the Destination, Things to carry, Weather, Shopping etc. Apart from this, there will also be a Whatsapp group of all the group members who are part of this package tour. Your tour manager who will be the admin of this Whatsapp group will form this group 7 days prior to the tour. All the queries would be discussed and answered in this group.
Q -In case of emergency whom can I contact?
Ans. -Tour manager.
- 5% GST
- Cost of Travel insurance
- Accommodation in comfortable and convenient Hotels
- Meals – Only Breakfast and Dinner (set menu) as mentioned in the itinerary
- All tours and transfers by A/c Volvo is included Or as per the tour itinerary
- Tour Manager Services from Day 01 Meeting point till the dropping point on last day
- 1 Lt. Water Bottle per person per day
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- All Parking and Toll tax
- Any Airfare / Train fare
- Cost of Pre/Post tour hotel accommodation
- Any services or activity charges other than those included in the group tour itinerary
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, Porterage (coolie charges), laundry, telephone charges, shopping, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water, items of personal nature and food or drink which is not part of a set group menu
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness, accident, hospitalisation, or any personal emergency
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum
- All personal expenses
Terms and Conditions
We make every effort to provide you with the best services in a pleasant, friendly and homely atmosphere at all times. We strive for your complete satisfaction to provide a safe and secure journey to the best of our ability without any misunderstandings between your good-selves, Yahoo Tours and the tour escorts. We believe in forgiveness, gratitude, positive attitude and innovation and at times even go beyond legal formats to ensure that all the issues of guest/s are resolved in timely and friendly manner.
The Terms and Conditions - given hereunder and on our website, You are requested to read, understand and sign in acceptance all the Terms and Conditions and the Brochure, before you register yourself / family / friends for our tour as a 'Guest' to use our services.
1. Agreement between the Clients & YahooTours:
Making any tour booking on our website while accessing, using, browsing yahootours.in users have to accept that they are agreed to the terms and conditions of our portal. In case of any violation, Yahoo Tours and its subsidiaries (including yahootours.in) reserve all the rights for taking any legal actions against them.
2. Prices on the Website:
The price, which we offer on yahootours.in includes accommodation charges, 5% GST and Insurance charges. It never comprises any personal expense or other additional charges like telephone calls, personal-attendant services, entrance fees of any monuments and bar charges, etc.
3. Mode of Payments & the Policies:
Any tour package can be booked by either making a full payment of the chosen package or making a part payment of at least Rs. 7499/-.This amount (Rs. 7499/-) confirms your booking with Yahootours.in and it is nonrefundable. The balance amount of the package can be paid one month prior to your tour date or before. The payment can be made through Bank Drafts / Cheque / Cash. You can also avail net banking facility of banks that are listed in our Banking Details
4. Use of the Website:
You will provide accurate information about every official document (Pan card, Aadhar Card) and other important details like name and DOB (Date of Birth) to the site in case of planning trip with it. In case of any error or mistake in the process of information, you will be solely responsible for the same. All information provided by you to this site should be accurate, updated and complete. If you have an account on this site, you are advised to secure it with your login details, including login ID and password. You will be entirely responsible for any use or misuse of your account.
5. Communication Policy of the Site:
On transacting with this site, you will receive an e-mail from Yahoo Tours for the status of your transaction. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you so be careful in providing right e-mail Id.
The customer acknowledges that the SMS sent by Yahoo Tours is an added facility for the convenience of the customers. It is not compulsory as per the law to provide SMS service alerts to the customers. If you don’t receive any SMS for any reason, Yahoo Tours is not liable for the same.
6. Refund Policy:
Yahoo Tours will process the refund only after getting cancellation request/claim from the customer/travel agent/corporate company through calls or email.
Part payment of Rs. 7499/- made while booking the package is non- refundable.
Our Cancellation Charges Prior to 31 days or more is Booking fees (Rs 7499/-) plus, if the cancellation is Between 30 -16 days of departure it is 50% of tour cost, Between 15-8 days to date of departure is 75% of tour cost, If You cancel 7-1 days to date of departure then 100% of tour cost.
Refund against the cancellation of booking will be credited directly in customer's Account.
7. Other Important Point:
1) All given rates are per person on Twin/Double sharing basis unless specified, especially in the quotation. 5% GST is included on the mentioned tour cost. Cost of Insurance is included on the mentioned tour cost. Each departure date has different discounts available. Please check all dates and choose suitable date with maximum discount. Meals as mentioned in the itinerary. Extra charges for stay pre/post tour.
Additional / Extra costs which Yahoo Tours is not liable to pay and has to be paid by the tourists –
a) Any extra expenses incurred for changing the route due to any unforeseen circumstances, forced majeure instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes etc. has to be paid by the tourist
b) Extra cost incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization or any Individual unforeseen cost incurring incidence has to be bare by tourists.
c) In case of Pilgrimage tours cost of horse back, Doli, Helicopter, chopper etc.
d) Any private transfers taken to move from one place to another instead of coach.
e) Any add-on sightseeing/activities along with transfers if done other than mentioned in the tour program.
f) For coats/Jackets to visit snow point or any special attire required to visit any particular sightseeing place.
g) Medicines required if any.
h) Porterage(Coolie charges), laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menu.
i) Guide Tips, Driver tips & Restaurant Tips.
2) Charges for kids will not be same as adults but will vary with the age group. The different rates for different age group are as follows -
a) Age Between 0-2 years - 25% of the package amount has to be paid per child and no seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
b) Age Between 2-7 years - 50% of the package amount has to be paid and separate seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
c) Age Between 7-12 years 75% of the package amount has to be paid and separate seat will be available in Volvo during transfers.
d) For all the above age groups no separate room will be available.
3) In case of unavailability of rooms in given hotels due to any unexpected scenario, alternate accommodation arrangement will be made in a similar standard available hotel.
4) Check-in and Check-out timings of hotels are different and based on the regulations/policies of local hotel unions of the concerned region/city or general trend of the market. These will be specified at the time of quotation/communication.
5) In case of a triple sharing room, rolling mattress will be provided for the third person. Occupancy regulations for family rooms and other club rooms will be in accordance with the hotel’s policy.
6) We shall not be responsible for any loss of baggage/loss of belongings/broken baggage during tour.
7) Vehicle provided during tour will follow the tour plan specified in the itinerary. Driver in any way will not be deviated from the specified/common route.
8) Vehicle provided during the tour will not be on disposable basis. Any travel, after the activity decided in tour will not be permitted. Late evening/late night drive, apart from the designed plan will be prohibited.
9) There are some monuments/areas, restricted for vehicle entrance by the local authorities. In any such case, the vehicle will drop you till the nearest possible point and further arrangements will have to be managed by the client.
10) Vehicle will not be allocated on the leisure day (day free for relaxation).
11) Air conditioning in vehicles will not be operational on hilly areas (due to mechanical reasons). Driver reserves the rights to switch off/operate AC as per the terrain, climatic and vehicle’s condition.
12) Any entrance fees, monument fees or any other activity charges, including but not limited to charges in relation to parking, transportation, tolls, taxes, camping, admission, meals etc. will not be included in the package until and unless specified specially in the inclusions section.
13) The mentioned package may not be available at the displayed price during long weekends, national holidays and regional festivals. There is a probability of difference in cost, which will be specified at the time of communication.
14) Any charges related with on-ground modification/addition of service, which the client opts for by his/her own choice and not affecting rest of the tour itinerary, will have to be paid directly to the driver/supplier acting on behalf of Yahoo tours.
15) Yahoo tours reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour package, in part or in whole, at may be, for any reason including but not limited to the act of God, act of man whether or not unforeseen and/or unexpected etc. In all such cases, refund will be processed according to the cancellation policy as applicable at that specific point of time.
16) Yahoo Tours shall not be held responsible for any refund/charges, in case of services booked of non-refundable nature. Yahoo Tours liability in relation to the Package shall at all times be limited to those circumstances where an express liability has been cast on it under these terms.
17) In case of any on ground issues with a third party, Yahoo Tours shall try to support in all possible ways but shall not be held liable for the act and hence will not be liable for any sort of compensation.
18) In case of any natural calamity or any other force majeure incident, Yahoo Tours reserves the rights to modify/change or cancel the partial or complete tour package. Yahoo Tours shall not be held responsible for any refund/compensation in any such circumstances.
19) Package price is a consolidation of different components inseparable in nature in terms of costing. Any unused service/services due to any unspecified reason will not be refunded back.
20) All grievances first has to be raised with the customer relationship team within 15 days of the occurrence of such an event. In case if no solution to such a grievance is provided by the customer relationship team within 30 days, the Client shall have the right to escalate the dispute in accordance with these terms and Yahoo Tours applicable policies.
21) Special payment and cancellation policy will be applicable during peak season/blackout dates. These dates are usually – City Events, Regional/National Holidays, and Political Conferences, Major Cultural festivals or any other event which can affect regular tourist movement.
22) This package and all of your rights and obligations in relation to the same are non-transferable and cannot be assigned without the prior permission of Yahoo Tours.
23) This package shall be governed by laws of India, and all disputes in relation to this package shall be resolved via arbitration in Mumbai in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The courts of Mumbai shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any matter arising out of the package.